Thursday, September 18, 2008

I hear in my mind all these songs

perhaps because of all the technical music training, i've never really liked Easy-Listening songs...

now, i'm addicted to indie music with the likes of Leslie Feist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leslie_Feist), Regina Spektor (http://www.reginaspektor.com/) and Carla Bruni (http://www.celebwelove.com/Carla_Bruni/).

here's Fidelity by Regina Spektor. i love her voice, the lyrics as well as the music, which is rare because i'm quite picky with music. (:

it's amazing how the acoustic guitar line repeats throughout the song, with the same rhythmic pattern, strumming technique and pretty much the same chord...which usually sounds annoying but Spektor pulls it off with high, whimsical pitches at 'hearts' and 'break' that makes you smile.

cheeky, sentimental, strong and beautiful at the same time, this song just pulls at my heartstrings. and it doesn't let go until spektor thinks it's time.

I never loved nobody fully
Always one foot on the ground
And by protecting my heart truly
I got lost in the sounds
I hear in my mind
All these voices
I hear in my mind all these words
I hear in my mind all this music
And it breaks my heart
And suppose I never ever met you
Suppose we never fell in love
Suppose I never ever let you kiss me so sweet and so soft
Suppose I never ever saw you
Suppose we never ever called
Suppose I kept on singing love songs just to break my own fall
Break my falli was just thinking.

i love music, i love communications new media, i love business... so maybe i should start some music critic business?!?! it would be great to earn money by listening to music and writing about it... just a thought (:

No comments: